- Published on Saturday, 23 August 2008 17:49
- Written by John Draper
- Hits: 2337
Cobourg is a small town that has a high Church attendance but also has many people who do not belong to a Church. Some of these are atheists but few have told the world.
The local Municipal Council says the (Christian) Lord's prayer before every meeting and while this is harmless and mostly cultural, it shows that the council at least do not think very deeply. If they did, they would realize that first, they are presumptuous to think they they alone know which version of God is the right one and with further thought, they would see that as a minimum they can't be sure that there is any god at all.
The Cobourg Atheist web site is dedicated to educating as many people as possible about Religions and the fact that they are not logically or rationally believable.
Every web site has its own style - but it's not always explicitly stated.
This site includes a large number or articles that can be used as a Resource and also has news of Canadian, U.S. and international interest.
Content on this site will be:
- Mostly short. Long articles on the Internet are generally not read.
- Two components - 1. News and 2. Articles with an ongoing interest. The format of this site allows these to be easily separated. Some news articles will eventually expire with variable dates.
- No personal criticism - everyone is assumed to have good intentions unless it is obviously not true.
- Although I support most gay rights, this site will not be obsessed with defending them - that is something for other sites to do.
- Illustrated with videos and graphics where applicable and possible.
- Whenever possible, articles have a positive outlook.
- A Canadian outlook - that means not much on creationism or American politics and news from a Canadian perspective.
New articles are usually first seen on the home page. They are also stored under a category that can be accessed via the menu so you can easily browse a subject. But if you know a key word, you can search for it.
Guest writers are welcome. Please email me if you are interested.
Social Networking links are provided at the bottom of each article. You might want to follow me on Twitter twitter.com/#!/cobourgatheist